Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Retirement Card for My Dad

After 28 years of working for the Multnomah County Health Department, my dad is retiring. Today we're having a party for him with all of our friends and family. I haven't seen most of my extended family since my wedding, so it'll be nice to catch up.

Lookie at my card...no Copics! Have I gone crazy, lol?!? I've been neglecting my poor ink pads. I used Brown Bag and Desert Sand for the tractor. I wanted to use Liquid Glass on it, but was scared it might make the Brown Bag ink turn a funny color. Didn't have time to test it out this round.

Paper: CTMH
Stamps: CTMH My Farm, sentiment is Amuse
Nestabilities and CTMH Brads

My parents will switching roles and it's weird to think that my dad won't be dressing up everyday anymore. No more people calling my Dad, Dr. Bruce. Instead he'll be in jeans and riding his tractor, lol. Anna will be returning to the workforce and my dad will be at home with Michael, Emily, and my grandma.

Everyone have a great Saturday! I'm so excited to spend some sister time with my mini me! I will return with some cute kiddo pics on Monday.

14 comments:

  1. It's a great card Sparkle. 28 years is a long time, and I am sure your dad will have plenty of time to spend doing the things he loves.

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card...you gotta love those a muse sentiment stamps! retirement...can you imagine? I'm going to stamp all day :) congrats to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sparkle,
    Congrats Dr. Bruce :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card, Sparkle! Good for your dad. I hope retirement agrees with him and he enjoys every moment. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Sparkle. I hope you enjoy your weekend and that your dad loves retirement. Good for him. Have fun with your mini me. She is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, have a great time visiting your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card!! and congrats to Dr. Bruce...I'm sure he will enjoy his time at home with the little ones! Have fun at your dad's this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card turned out super cute, I'm sure he'll love it!

    Congrats to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love this card and think it looks great. I think you were wise not to use LG with it as it does tend to change the color of the inks. I wish your dad the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great card - congrats to your dad! Have fun with the family, can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! Congrats to your dad on his retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the layout on this card, it is great! Congratulations to your dad, enjoy time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've neglected my ink pads too. Especially using more digital images overall. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice, very manly! Congrats to your dad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks