Sunday, June 7, 2009

Christmas Card Challenge Week #27

This week's challenge is to use a non-Christmas (non-winter) stamp.

I just got my new Anya and Ian stamps, so I wanted to play with them. Have you ever spent a Christmas in Hawaii? I was 8 when I was blessed with this experience. It was so odd and yet cool to me then. I mean, living in Portland and being young, who ever thought it could be 75 degrees and sunny on Christmas? And who goes to the beach to swim on Christmas? :) I also had a great lesson in exporting and importing goods. I remember my grandma paying $50 for a such a small Christmas tree that we could of gotten at home for $5.

Paper: My Minds Eye
Stamps: the Greeting Farm, CTMH Chocolate and Sans Alphabets
CTMH Buttons, Copics, and Crystal Stickles


All of my mom's side of the family was born and raised on the Big Island. I still have relatives there, so this card will get good use! :) My cousin Stefanie surfs too, so I bet she'd love this Ian.

Mr. Linky Note: Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL into the Mr. Linky form. Thanks and please still post a comment!

Everyone have a great Sunday! I'll be driving back up to Seattle!

14 comments:

  1. Great card Sparkle! Thanks for sharing your memory of Christmas with us, too. My DH spent Christmas at the beach when he lived in Georgia. Like you said it was fun but interesting considering he grew up in Wisconsin with lots of snow at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great card! I've never had a warm Christmas before. My mom is from Argentina and so growing up it was always in the middle of the summer for them... way too strange, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is just rockin!
    Until I moved to Iowa my Christmas's were spent in FL with my Hubby and young kids. 80 degree Christmas days were usual and I did NOT like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card, I would definately not think of surfing for a christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Surfer Ian is so cute and fun! Love you card Sparklke!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! What a fun Christmas card! I love the little circle of "sand" paper. This really makes me want to go to back to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun! Ian may have to come live at my house too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card.
    Love those Ian images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's too adorable!! I'm loving going back through all the cards you've made, it's like an online magazine of eye candy ^_~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks