Friday, June 5, 2009

Butterfly Wishes

I actually made this card twice. I didn't like my original one, but didn't want to waste my image. I've been hoarding my Basic Grey paper and wanted to use some of it up. I know there is new paper right around the corner with CHA coming this summer.

I'll be heading to Portland right after work tonight. My dad lives out in the boonies, so there is no cable or internet there. I will be back home on Sunday night and back online Monday. But don't worry, I still have scheduled posts for you while I'm gone.

Paper: Basic Grey Sultry
Stamps: the Greeting Farm, sentiment is Stamping Bella
Prima Flowers, Nestabilities, Pearls, Copics, and Crystal Stickles


I was so sad that Alex didn't make the Top 20 on So You Think You Can Dance. After he's done with his ballet contract, I truly hope he comes back. I've been rooting for him from Day 1. Sad that Natalie (Katie's roomate) got kicked off in Vegas too.

Everyone have a great Friday! Yeah, it's almost the weekend!

23 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Alex. He can make me cry, he dances so beautifully.
    I love this card of yours. The paper is luscious and draws you in with the depth of the colours, and the little fairy is so adorable.
    Have a great time at you dads Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Sparkle, have a lovely weekend :O) Love the bold vibrancy on this card. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. super fun card!!!! Have a super weekend...sheesh, big change in the weather..although it WAS too hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Have a great time visiting with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you didn't want to waste this image. She's gorgeous the way you colored her. And I suppose it's always good to use the old to make way for the new. The new BG papers coming out look pretty darn cute. Have fun at your Dad's house this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so cute with her little butterfly wings! Beautiful coloring! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, I love the sparkle on her wings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is just the sweetest! I can see why you wanted to keep her for a card you were happier with. Bold color choices, but they sure do work.

    Have a lovely weekend with your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card and I agree about Alex - tremendous dancer. Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sentiment and the effect of the piercing. Have a great trip!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute as always. I can't imagine you having to do a card over. That's something I would do :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adorable. Love the sentiment with that image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the card! I just got some new TGF images from a swap on SCS - can't wait to play with them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way cute, I really love her glittery little wings. Have a great time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this paper! Great card Sparks, Sparky, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your beautiful card Sparkle! Your image is adorable and the DP is very pretty!
    Have a great time visiting your dad, and be safe!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So, so cute! Love it!!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am always like the 18 billionth person to comment on your art LOL...BUT I SO love it! and this is no exception. I think I may just visit your blog just to see your wonderful header! hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is just SO sweet! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sparkle, this is such a gorgeous card. She is very sweet.

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is beautiful! Your coloring on this sweet image is wonderful and I love the pretty flowers that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! This is so sweet! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks