Saturday, May 9, 2009

Time for Apple Pie

This card is for my MIL. She doesn't really have a favorite color, so I always have a hard time making stuff for her. Though, she does keep every card I make her...which speaks more for even my real Mother, lol.

Obviously this time of the year is sad for me, since I lost my mom in 2004. I had hoped to take a trip to Portland for Mother's Day, but Brent is working. I think it'll be just a relaxing weekend for me at home. :)

My In-laws just got back from Mexico, (please don't have a cow over the swine flu) and my MIL bought this really cute bright orange bag. Since it's so popular this year, I decided to make her a fun and bright orange card.

Paper: My Minds Eyes Bloom and Grow
Stamps: Sarah Kay and PTI
Copics, PTI Buttons and Crystal Stickles


Everyone have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Love your bright card Sparkle! I personally feel that orange is under appreciated! And I love the punch of green!! I'm sure your MIL will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh,I like this a lot. That MME paper is so gorgeous. I think I need some of it. Love the orange everywhere. I hope your weekend is a good one and that you can relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with this card. Love the orange! It's bright and cheery.

    I know how tough this time of year is for you as I lost my mom in 1994. Celebrate the women in your life and take the time to relax.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it... The orange looks great. Hope she likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm glad that you have a wonderful MIL. I have two wonderful ones, and am so glad to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! I love orange and green, it is such a fun, cheerful combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab, Sparkle! I love, love, love orange! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like this! Such vibrant colors that just make you smile. Simply precious image too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a happy card -- love that green and orange combo! Such a sweet image with beautiful coloring technique; great sketch, too. Guess it would have been easier just to say I like everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo cute, I love the orange!
    PS I have tagged you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Sparkle! I like the story of how you tied the color in with your MIL's recent purchase. I'm sure she will love her card. TYFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card! I think the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugs to you! And your card is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks