Saturday, May 2, 2009

Comforting Thoughts

Tamara, my coworker, lost her Father-in-law last week. Sympathy cards are never easy to make and I hope it brings Tamara a little bit of cheeriness.

The paper is really busy itself, but I added the big butterfly on the bottom left and the small butteries on the top right. I pop-dotted some of them to make them have a 3D effect.

Making simple cards are hard for me, as I just want to embellish everything, lol. But I also didn't want to take away from the paper. I hope it has good balance.

Paper: K and Company Que Sera
Stamps: Rubber Cafe, Sentiment is CTMH
Copics and Crystal Stickles


Everyone have a great weekend! My In-laws will be here for the weekend from Portland, so I may be away from the computer for a bit.

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sparkle, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. I think you've achieved a perfect balance. Have fun with your in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Sparkle! I think it is just PERFECT for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I'm sure your co-worker will appreciate it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Sparkle! I'm working on a couple of sympathy cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sparkle

    Dropping by to wish you a wonderful weekend and saw the beautiful card you made. She will definitely cherish it.

    Smiles
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful sympathy card Sparkle! I agree, they are always difficult to make. I have one particular quote that I use most of the time - I am so glad I found it.
    Have a fabulous weekend and happy Scrappy Day!

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatta magnificent card...I love it...and so will your coworker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about your friend's loss. You made her a lovely card, and I'm sure that will bring her comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is very beautiful Sparkle and I know your friend will cherish it!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! You know I'm partial to it though with the butterflies on it! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous card, and I'm sure it will bring a smile to her face during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks