Sunday, May 10, 2009

Christmas Card Challenge Week #23

This week's challenge is dry embossing. I was going through my scraps and found these pieces that I had used my Cuttlebug on. Since most of my paper is CTMH, I've found that if I run 2 pieces at a time, it doesn't show the white core through.

These Penny Black hedgehogs were given to me through Wish RAK. They've been sitting around forever and thought I should finally use them.

Paper: CTMH, Basic Grey Figgy Pudding
Stamps: Penny Black, Sentiment is Amuse
Copics, Liquid Applique, Cuttlebug


Mr. Linky Note: Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL into the Mr. Linky form. Thanks and please still post a comment!

I hope you all have a great Mother's Day!

23 comments:

  1. Very cute Sparkle!! I love your clean style - so not me which is why I like your creations so much!! The image is very cute and the DP panel really makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card!

    Thanks for the tip on the embossing. I've not done two pieces of cardstock before. I usually fold up a sheet of notebook paper and the cardstock I want to emboss to keep the cs from cracking. Will have to remember this tip. *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the image and how you did the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Sparkle. I love that image and that snowman is so cute. Good tip on using the cuttlebug with CTMH papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO adorable! I just love hedgies, especially these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I think I'm a week off though. I posted the card I made for last weeks challenge. I will have to repost when this card is done.
    Gena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute as ever. I'm so jealous of all the Christmas cards you've made. Last year I made all mine the weekend before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I LOVE hedgehogs!!
    I have been running my CTMH CS through my cuttlebug with a couple of pieces of copy paper...I will have to try it with CS..as I never can seen to stop the white from shwoing through.
    Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, Sparkle! I really like how you used the two different colors of CB snowflakes and the image is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so cute, Sparkle! Love all the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sparkle, I love everything about this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Love the sweet image! :) Thanks for the dry embossing tip...the white core always shows through when I use my cuttlebug.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and creative!!

    XXDenise

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it and I'm addicted to the cuttlebug embossing - so fun and easy to add that extra something to the page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! I love the embossing! Great card. This makes me wanna make Christmas Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sparkle!

    Super cute card!

    Thank you for the tip on running two sheets of CTMH CS thru the CB at the same time... I have so much of that white core stuff and I have always hated dry embossing with it because it would inevitably crack and the white would show through... Sometimes I liked it, mostly not.

    Inky Smiles!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! Love the hedgies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks