Monday, April 20, 2009

Magnolia Tilda and a New Desk

ETA: Someone asked about my desk, but there wasn't a link or an email address, so I'm adding the information here in hopes that they'll check back.

My desk is from IKEA. The style name is Jonas and it's available both online or in local stores if you live by one. There are different styles, so its the Jonas desk with pull out panel. The desk is actually a computer/study desk and the extension on the right side does slide in.

I haven't had the desk for even 24 hours yet, but so far I really like it. I do miss having drawers though. I may eventually save up and get the drawer units that match.


Happy Monday! Here's a card I made for KL Stampin n Scrappin. Kelly just started pre-ordering for Stampavie! She'll be carrying Rachelle Anne Miller, Sarah Kay, and Lelo Designs. All orders this month that are $50 or more qualify for free shipping with the code APR2009.

Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Stamps: Mangolia, CTMH
Prima Flowers, Pearls, White Gel Pen, Copics, Crystal Stickles, and Nestabilities


Ever since we moved to Denver, I haven't had my own desk. For the last 3 years, I've been sharing a table with the computer and creating on an end table that is about 13 inches by 13 inches.

Well...as a belated birthday gift, my hubby bought me this nice desk and chair. I saw this really awesome and comfy chair at IKEA, but I couldn't justify spending $150 for it when I could get one just as good cheaper. Brent said maybe for my birthday next year, lol. :)



My craft room isn't anywhere near set up yet...so I will post more pictures as I go. You can see that we don't have our blinds yet, but they'll be here in a couple of weeks. :)

Everyone have a great Monday...it's back to work for me.

17 comments:

  1. Cute, cute card! Love the colors! Great-looking desk, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love what you do with the Magnolias. And what fun paper you used.

    What a sweet hubby to buy you that desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card, like your others, is just adorable! You are SO good at coloring!

    Love the desk. I live near Denver and heard a rumor that we may get an Ikea around here in a year or so...I'd LOVE to see what I could find there...Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous mix of papers on your card! woot woot for your craft room!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Tilda card!

    Glad you now have your own crafting desk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweetheart Brent is! Can't wait to see your craft room when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great Tilda! I bet it is nice to have your own space! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tilda is so cute! I know what you mean about Ikea, I love just about everything in that store but my wallet doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute card, and I'm so glad you have a desk now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your artwork is always so beautiful, and this is certainly no exception. I do have a question about your workspace. Is that a mini sewing maching I saw on your desk? May I ask what brand it is, and maybe where you got it? Are you happy with it?

    Thanks,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card and hooray for the desk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and your new desk. Can't wait to see the finished room. Keep sharing pix as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an adorable card! and love the non-traditional Christmas card in the last post. great paper! And, neat desk - looks like a great space for creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Card is adorable and the desk is sweet! Isn't it great to have your own craft room.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card Sparkle.

    Gotta love Ikea furniture - my craft room is made on the stuff. It is so versatile. Love your little set up there.

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is such a cutie! Tilda is adorable and the colors are awesome.
    I love your new desk and I think once you add the drawer units, you will love it even more. I have that same MM carousel ...I use it to hold my Copic Markers!
    Thanks for sharing the pictures Sparkle:)
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card and I love your desk setup! I have an L-shaped desk too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks