Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year's!

I got these little calendars from Impress. At home I don't have a calendar and I'm always looking one up online, lol. I put magnets on the back of this so it sticks to my computer tower, which is right by where I craft.

You would think I'd be a little more with it. Especially since I use 3, yes 3 calendars at work, lol. I use my email/Outlook one for my project due dates, my free Moneytree one for my personal events, and I use my planner for my hours worked and Training schedule.

I don't know why we look "yellow" in this pic. In real life the picture isn't all funky. Though Brent probably wishes he really had that much color, lol. I love my pale man! :) This is a picture of Brent and I in Salzburg on our honeymoon.

Paper: CTMH Emporium
CTMH Buttons, Nestabilities, and Rub-ons


With some time and reflection for my new goals in 2009, I will be posting a teeny bit less then I normally do. My design team work and Christmas Card Challenges will keep me busy...so there will still be plenty for all of you to see.

I don't really share my defeats publicly...but I was really disappointed that I did not make it on to more design teams. I really thought about this and I realized I truly am a Bella Queen. :) This last year I have put a lot of my effort into that and while I still love my Bellas, I have ultimately reached my full potential with that. And don't worry, I'm still hosting Bella Bashes and participating in the Bella Forum.

But I really want to branch out more and be more versatile. With this coming year I hope to be more active and participate more with different groups. I also hope to take this as an opportunity to grow and strengthen my crafting skills. And by October, hopefully I will be better prepared to get selected for 2010 Design Teams.

I also really want to work on stuff to get published. This has been a goal for me for quite some time. Last year with moving, starting a new job, and getting married, I just didn't have the time and effort for it. But I really want to focus on that this year...which means I have to learn not to share everything I make (hence the not posting as much).

Lastly, I want to work on a few projects for my Etsy store, which has started to pick up. And I'm really excited about it! Maybe one of these days I'll actually start scrapbooking again. :)

17 comments:

  1. Great goals, Sparkle! I know that you're talented and determined and you'll accomplish what you set out to do. I can't wait to see what the new year brings for you.

    Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals this year Sparkle, I am sure you will do GREAT!! :)

    Great pic of you & your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you've certainly set lots of goals for this year! But, I'm sure you'll reach them all. We're all pulling for you!

    This calendar is fabulous. It's really pretty and it's a great picture too!

    Stef H

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great calendar - TFS! Happy New Year and good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are so cute! Great calendar, very smart idea. Good luck with your goal for this year, I'm confident you will accomplish them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE calendar :) Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful calendar! Here's to a 2009 where your goals are discovered! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Sparkle. You are very good at what you do. I see your goals becoming a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year and good luck with all your goals.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great calendar, Sparkle! I love your attention to detail. Well, I think your creations are FABULOUS and any DT would be blessed to have you on it. Your designs are an inspiration to me and many others and EVERYBODY knows you ARE the Bella Queen and your Copic coloring skills are THE best!

    Happy New Year!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your calendar Sparkle and such a great picture! Good luck with all your goals for the new year. I also hope to do some scrapbooking this year, it was on my priority list last year but didn't quite make it in real life, oh well, maybe this year!
    Happy New Year, wishing you lots of luck and happiness in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sparkle this is a wonderful picture of you and Brent and a fantastic calendar, you both look so happy!
    Girly your Bellas and other cards are beyond fabulous, your so talented any design team would be crazy not to want you! Hold out and the right one will come along and be perfect for you and they would be lucky to have you!

    Start submitting your work cause I can't wait to see it in print! Getting work published is a goal of mine as well this year, I guess we both need to just stay focused!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh great idea! HAPPY NEW YEAR Sparkle! I love how you used a pic of you and your man! I need to make something like this...I can give to my man, to remind him of ME! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute calendar but be careful not to mess your hard drive up with your magnets. :) Good luck with all your goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW how did i miss this one. This is too cute! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks