Monday, October 13, 2008

Rubber Cafe and Marjorie's Color Challenge #33

I'm still working on challenge #32, but since Sorbet is my new favorite color, #33 came together a little easier for me. :) Since I was gone in Europe, I'm way behind on my cards, but will get these out in the mail ASAP to Melissa and as soon as I get my next round of rubber, we're making valentines.

Marjorie picked Bamboo, Garden Green, Sorbet, and Taffy for her color challenge. This card is pretty simple, but I think its nice and elegant!

Paper: CTMH
Stamps: Rubber Cafe Two Leaves and Highwing Butterfly, CTMH Say It In Style
CTMH Brads, Copic Makers, and Crystal Stickles


When I picked out my images, I just flipped through the catalog and didn't really pay attention to the actual size. When I received this stamp, I was shocked at how big it was, lol. I had to bust out my 4 1/2 x 6 acrylic block...the biggest one CTMH makes.

I colored this very non-traditionally, as flowers are not green and leaves are not blue. But I had the paper left over from my 3 Little Dream's August SNSS kit and wanted to match the pattern on the paper. I love how it came out! Very artsy!

Paper: K and Company
Stamps: Rubber Cafe Thisle Flower, CTMH Say It With Style
CTMH Ribbon, Crystal Stickles, Copic Markers, and Nestabilities


My cards for Round 2 of Just Johanna's DT tryouts are due on Wednesday. Since I was gone, I decided I would give myself some extra time and overnight my cards today (just going WA to CA, so should be okay). I will share my cards later this week and then you'll see how challenging this was for me. Hope you all have a great Monday...its back to work for me! I don't get Columbus Day off.

And for my Bella lovers...remember the Bella Bash is this Wednesday night at 7pm Central. Emily is up to something...so we'll all have to wait and see. I'm not sure if she's introducing a new artist or stamps...but you won't want to miss it. Plus, Shannan and Laura are hosting challenges with prizes this month! Don't miss the Bella Monster Bash! :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, these are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, Sparkle! These are amazing! Oh! Do you remember me telling peeps in the Bella forum that I was getting Copics? Well, I have more now and I've been using them like crazy! If you get a chance go to my blog and take a peek. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards!!! I love the second and the non traditional colors...absolutely stunning! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sparkle,
    Love the butterfly and the little dots behind it. Love the coloring.
    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sparkle! Lovin the cards. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both so pretty, where to start! The buggerfly card is just so beautiful and soothing. Gorgeous use of color and the brads, crystal stickers and the paper punching are all great embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty cards Sparkle, love all the detail.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these are so beautiful!! I love the coloring on the butterfly and how you punched holes for the flight trail! I'm also really loving the reverse coloring on your flower! It looks so natural and gorgeous that way that it wasn't until I was reading about it that I thought "oh yeah, flowers aren't green" lol. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks