Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #51

I still have cards to finish for my DT submissions...but I'm not very good at creating while I'm under a lot of pressure. So I decided to work on a few other things in hopes that I could keep my creative momentum.

October tends to be a sad time of the year for me, as it makes me think of my mother. Her passing anniversary will be on October 22nd and I can't believe its been 4 years already. Wow, how much my life has changed since then. Plus, October has my dad's, my brother's, and my cousin Christine's birthday. And of course Halloween. :)

I don't own this stamp set yet, but I got these images from Wish RAK. My mom's favorite color was purple, so of course I had to use it.
Paper: Bo Bunny, CTMH
Stamps: MFT Happy Mother's Day
CTMH Ribbon, Buttons, Copic Markers, Crystal Stickles


Today I took Brent to work so I could keep the car. I went to the bank, the mall, and then went to pick up our dry cleaning. The Gala and Manager's Conference (for Moneytree) is next month and normally I'm so excited for it. I still am (despite everything else)...and went and got new clothes for it. I already had it in my budget, so I decided to still get them. Plus, it's clothes that I'll wear to work all the time. I buy new work clothes for the Manager's Congerence each year, so its usually a great shopping trip for me.

I spent over 2 hours in Ann Taylor Loft...and I came home with another green outfit (olive green skirt and black shirt) and another black suit. I know, I know...boring and totaly typical of me, lol. Brent would totally disapprove. Almost all of my work clothes are black, white, grey, and green. People comment on how I match all the time...but really its because I don't vary too much in color.

As for the Gala, I'm not buying a new dress this year. I think I'm going to wear my bridesmaid dress from Shannon's wedding. It's black, so pretty neutral. And next year I'll be wearing my bridesmaids dress from Catherine's wedding. :) I need to still get my hair dyed and cut...which I will the weekend before. I'm skipping out on getting my nails done this year, but I will probably pay to get an up-do this year since I'm not buying a new dress. I always use our Gala picture as our Christmas picture...but will probably send that and a wedding pic this year.

Here's Brent and I from last year's Gala.


Anyhoo- enough of my Gala adventures...hope you're all enjoying your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Sparkle your card is lovely! My mom has been gone over 10 years now and while I wish she was around I have adapted to my new life without her. It isn't fair but it is the way life is for me. Lots of hugs, prayers, and good wishes are coming your way this month! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!!! I love the colors you used and love the sketch! :D S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin it! Very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pretty card Sparkle, with extra meaning. I like it.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful and the color combo is really very pretty! I like the deisgn and what you did with the buttons and the ribbon for embellisments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks