Friday, October 24, 2008

MFT Who's That Girl Challenge #6 and Some Sad News

You probably have noticed that all of the challenges on Split Coast have incorporated the color pink this week. I was sad to miss National Lee Denim Day this year while I was in Europe. It's one of the only times I get to wear jeans at work and its for a great cause, helping to cure Breast Cancer.

I was hoping to use Causeabella at least a couple of times this year. Maybe I can still squeeze one in before the month is over, lol. I am running out of "pre-posts" and will be down to just my DT work soon.

The challenge this week was to use pink and purple with the Bunny Slippers stamp set. On Monday night I found out that one of our good friends has ovarian cancer. She's still quite young, as she's only 21. I haven't seen Val since the week before I went to Europe, as she's a full time college student and on the women's basketball team. They still need to do some more tests and scans on her, so I don't know everything yet...or what kind of treatment course she will be taking. So please keep Valerie in your thoughts. (This is a different Valerie from my Bella jumping in the window post.)


Paper: CTMH Whoops a Daisy
Stamps: MFT Bunny Slippers
Prima Flowers, Copic Markers, Liquid Applique, and Crystal Stickles

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Sparks~I am so sorry to hear this. She's got my prayers...

    Beautiful card BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card! Love the fluffy pink robe and flowers!
    This is really sad news about your friend, she's so young. Its great that she has you for friendship and support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear your friend has cancer and at so young too. Our thoughts are with her and I hope she gets the treatment she needs. Your card is darling, I love the fluff on her pjs :D And thank you for that super cute Halloween card! Cait got such a kick out of the mice having the candy, lol. And I'm always excited to get images ^_~ Thanks again and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I'm sorry about your friend. So hard. But your card is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh, she is definitely in my prayers and I am also praying for an error in diagnosis too! Your card is awsome as always, Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sparkle, that is such sad news, she's only young, poor thing. Prayers from this end too.

    Your card is such a sweet one, I love the thought you have put into this one.

    Marcia
    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks