Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hanna Stamps September Release Party Challenge #2

This challenge was to celebrate the end of summer by making a card with flowers. Well, since all I talk about now is my trip to Europe, that's what inspired this card. I actually bought this Hanna just for that reason...to use her in my scrapbook when I get back from this trip. The set even comes with the Eiffel Tower.

Gabby (FannieMae on SCS) made some gorgeous cards and won both of the stamps sets for these challenges. I couldn't help but be a little disappointed...not that I didn't win really, but just thought that they should of spread the love a little more out and picked different winners for each set. Oh, well...lucky girl. And sincerely, she is really talented!


Paper: Making Memories Passport
Stamps: Passport Hanna
Copics, MM Passport Stickers, Prima Flowers, Bigger Brads


I was on the All That Scraps Forum for their September release tonight. I was a good girl...I haven't bought anything yet. But they have some really cute ones...so once I get back I'll have to order. But they were talking about Copics and one of the gals has over 250 of them already. So it got me thinking and I just counted all of my markers. I have 136 of them. There's 322 available colors in the Sketch ones...which are the ones I have...so I guess I'm almost half way there, lol. I only have 16 re-inkers, so many more re-inkers to go.

One of the gals told me she buys 12 markers and 4 re-inkers every month to pace herself. I thought that was pretty smart...so I might adjust it to more of a bi-monthly thing for me. Because if I ordered markers every month, that would lower the numner of stamps I could get. And that would bother me more, lol. So maybe more like 15 markers and 6 re-inkers every 2 months. Do I dare ask how many Copics you have?!?

Don't forget...in a week is the Fall Bella Bash. I'll be hosting a challenge! So remember to come play with us in the Bella Forum! 7:30pm Central Time. Happy Hump Day all!

11 comments:

  1. I bet you are getting so excited about your trip! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! What a perfect image for your travels. As for the Copics: I have all of the Ciaos, and there 144. It's a good thing I didn't go with the sketch~'cuz I would want them all, and I'd rather have more stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun eclectic card this is! I have around 70 something COPICS. I am definitely limited in my color selection for a couple of color families and I do need to be getting some more...just gotta get my husband to agree! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card!!! Your trip is almost here, how exciting! :D Wow, that's alot of copics girl. I think I have about 60, so not alot but I definitely want more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Your trip sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card!! I haven't counted I'll have to get back to you. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the card and le tour eiffel aussi?! Fantastique! Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! So much detail! Have fun Sparkle, and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun card. Love the detailing and embellishments. Have a fabulous trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card. Enjoy your trip! As for copics, I have about 65. I started by buying about 50 at one crack and then have added here and when I've seen them on sale at Hobby Lobby (though HL only has about 30 colors). If you're looking to buy sketch markers, I've found the best price ($3.85 each) at the carpe diem store.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have 48 copics...and the only reason I have that many is I got a 50% discount on them. A one time opportunity that I grabbed while I could. We don't have a HL near me so my only option is to buy online.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks