Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bella Color Challenge #45 - Nurseabella Card

Do you remember where you were when you heard about the Twin Towers? I think that will be something everyone in our generation will never forget.

I woke up to a note that was written on the kitchen table from my mom. I was the only one home, because in Oregon college starts super late...the last week of September. I remember calling and waking up Brent, well in college 8am is VERY early, lol. And we were in total disbelief. We watched the news all day. And luckily all of our immediate and close family, live on the West Coast and in Hawaii. I know there were so many who weren't as fortunate.

I would like to honor our country today and all of the people who helped and volunteered to help save lives. That is what influenced my color challenge today.

Bella Forum

Keyword: BCC45

Colors-
SU: Real Red, Going Gray, Not Quite Navy, and Tempting Turquoise
CTMH: Cranberry, Grey Wool, Twilight, and Crystal Blue



Paper: CTMH Cardstock
Stamps: Nurseabella
Prima Flowers, CTMH Brads, Cuttle Bug, and Copic Markers

And don't forget...I'm giving away my prize for Color Challenge #50. You still have plenty of time to catch up!

My arms hurt from using my cuttlebug, lol. I have been cutting out my images because I'm going to Nona's tonight and want to work on my Christmas cards. Yes, I'm a nerd.

6 comments:

  1. Your card is fabulous!

    On 9-11 I was working at a preschool. Not being a morning news watcher I didn't know until a parent came in and said the second tower had been hit.
    We will never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw your post on SCS, and came over to visit...i didn't want to post again, i've posted too many times today! lol
    the bella image is adorable and the color combo and the sketch are perfect. love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful and what a lovely card to pay tribute to such a terrible tragedy. Thankyou for reminding us of such an important occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful thought to remember the heroes of 9/11. What a sad day 7 years ago. (how is it 7 years already?!). When I see the news reel from that day, it still brings that knot to my heart. I was at work and we all tried to hit the 'net and no one could get on any news sites because of all the "traffic." It was and is still so unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and sweet tribute to those who lost their lives. I will never forget that day, being so far ahead I was picking up my children from school,but my mum had the tv on and when I got back it was just as the second tower was hit! I can never believe it when another year has past, the memory is so vivid it doesn't seem that long!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks